The SunTour SX-100 is the SunTour S-1 redesigned so that it fits to a drop-out and does not need any special fittings on the chainstay. The SX-100 also has the indexing in the lever (usually a twist grip), not in the derailleur. The pulley cage is very short, as this gear is aimed at commuter and utility bikes with a single chainwheel.
It retains the somewhat elegant the horizontal parallelogram, but the mounting has become gross. This example has a Japanese-style ‘hanger’ with a rear facing slot.
- Derailleur brands: SunTour, manufactured by SR SUNTOUR
- Categories: SunTour - indexing insanity
- Themes: Small wheels on my wagon
- Country: Japan
- Date of introduction: 1993
- Date of this example: 1994 (two letter date code is KA)
- Model no.: SX-100
- Weight: 362g including hanger plate
- Maximum cog: 28 teeth?
- Total capacity: 26 teeth?
- Pulley centre to centre: 43mm
- Index compatibility: 5 speed?
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: none
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: largely steel, with a plastic rear knuckle and inner pulley cage plate