This is a sorry item. A pale, Taiwanese-made, reflection of the once glorious, Japanese-manufactured, SunTour XC Pro GX.
If you look at the accompanying photos, you can see that the inner parallelogram pivot pin is poorly mounted in the b-knuckle. Interestingly, page 3 of the SR SUNTOUR 1997 catalogue inadvertently shows a SunTour Giga 450 derailleur with a problem with exactly this pivot pin.
- Derailleur brands: SunTour, although by this time it was a brand of SR SUNTOUR
- Country: Taiwan
- Date of introduction: 1995?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: AP35-GXB?
- Weight: 278g
- Maximum cog: 28 teeth (source: SR SUNTOUR)
- Total capacity: 39 teeth (source: SR SUNTOUR)
- Pulley centre to centre: 85mm
- Index compatibility: 8 speed
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: aluminium knuckles with steel parallelogram plates and pulley cage plates