This is a rather pleasant version of an early Simplex Vallée. Its features are:
- The outer parallelogram plate is silver with a rather stylish cursive logo complete with the acute accent on the 'e'.
- The knuckles are painted mid-grey - with normal paint.
- The cable route goes around a plastic covered pin. There is no switchable cable route, as in later versions.
- The pulley cage plates are finished in satin chrome.
- The pulley wheel bolts have Torx heads
- The cable clamp uses an hex bolt.
- The cable adjuster is silver.
This derailleur is notably similar to the Stratec RX700.
hex cable clamp grey styling cursive logo
- Derailleur brands: Simplex
- Categories: Simplex - the bitter end
- Country: France
- Date of introduction: 1988?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 10111?
- Weight: 272g
- Maximum cog: 28 teeth (Simplex)
- Total capacity: 28 teeth (Simplex)
- Pulley centre to centre: 46mm
- Index compatibility: 5 & 6 speed
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: sprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: fully aluminium parallelogram and steel pulley cage plates