There is a deep well of admiration for Huret in Argentina. Gambato produced a copy of the Huret Allvit. JC copied both the Huret Svelto and Huret Eco. And here we have RBM also producing a very exact copy of a Huret Eco.
Unlike the JC models, the RBM is well finished, competently plated and produced to very respectable tolerances. Not too bad at all.
This, well used, example has:
- a Huret-style rotation stop at the b-pivot and a Huret-style hanger plate. The extra hole in the hanger plate has been drilled by an over-enthusiastic user.
- An earlier design of the plastic piece at the adjustment screws that prevents them from loosening.
- A rather precise criss-cross background behind the lettering on the outer parallelogram plate.
- Derailleur brands: RBM
- Country: Argentina
- Date of introduction: 1988?
- Date of this example: no idea
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 254g including hanger plate
- Maximum cog: 28 teeth (based on an equivalent Huret Eco)
- Total capacity: 31 teeth (based on an equivalent Huret Eco)
- Pulley centre to centre: 50mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32"
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: steel