The MARS 1000 was a reborn Sachs Traxx - an 'economical' model lacking charm, grace or style. Despite this, I can't help liking it, perhaps because the whole MARS enterprise was based on fanciful, and painfully unrealistic, hope.
This is the short cage, racy version in black.
This derailleur was kindly donated to me by Gavin Smith - thanks to him for this!
- Derailleur brands: MARS
- Country: France
- Date of introduction: 2001?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 1000
- Weight: 272g including hanger plate but excluding the drop-out bolt
- Maximum cog: 32 teeth (stamped on the pulley cage)
- Total capacity: 28 teeth (stamped on the pulley cage)
- Pulley centre to centre: 50mm
- Index compatibility: 8 speed
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: largely steel with plastic knuckles