The MARS 1000 was a reborn Sachs Traxx - an 'economical' model lacking charm, grace or style. Despite this, I can't help liking it, perhaps because the whole MARS enterprise was based on fanciful, and painfully unrealistic, hope.
This is the long cage, ATB, version in black.
- Derailleur brands: MARS
- Country: France
- Date of introduction: 2001?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 1000
- Weight: 269g
- Maximum cog: 32 teeth (stamped on the pulley cage)
- Total capacity: 38 teeth (stamped on the pulley cage)
- Pulley centre to centre: 85mm
- Index compatibility: 8 speed
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: largely steel with plastic knuckles