This Ludoal has a main body that is copied from a 1950s pull-chain Simplex Tour de France , combined with a pulley cage that is derivative of a 1950s Campagnolo Gran Sport.
I believe that this is the original specification - the pulley cage looks identical to that of other Ludoals, but has a fixing that is specific to this model.
Finally, I should note that, although the pulley cage looks extremely similar to that of a Gambato, with the signature extra strut, the pulley cage length is 43mm, whereas all the relevant Gambatos have 45mm cages.
- Derailleur brands: Ludoal
- Country: Argentina
- Date of introduction: 1967?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 273g including hanger plate but excluding dropout bolt
- Maximum cog: 26 teeth (a guess)
- Total capacity: 18 teeth (another guess)
- Pulley centre to centre: 43mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: low normal
- B pivot: sprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: largely steel, with bronze pulley cage plates