When searching for the most perfectly surreal derailleur design, you might well start with SunRace’s 555 design, a seriously odd, posthumous, copy of the Shimano 600 EX (6200), naturally incorporating a bad interpretation of Shimano’s Arabesque patterning. You might then decide, as a final flourish, to prominently brand the result ‘Lepper’.
Ring that bell.
- Derailleur brands: Lepper, manufactured by SunRace
- Country: Netherlands, manufactured in Taiwan
- Date of introduction: 1984?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 555 GS
- Weight: 238g
- Maximum cog: 34 teeth
- Total capacity: 34 teeth
- Pulley centre to centre: 75mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: sprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: largely aluminium with steel pulley cage plates