Unlike the superficially similar, but slightly tacky, SunRace 555, the DNP 1200 is a rather well engineered and excellently finished copy of a Shimano 600 GS.
It lacks the the full-on kitsch charm of the SunRace, with only a curvaceous diamond at each end of the branding - the very slightest of nods to the Arabesque patterns on the Shimano 600 EX GS (6210).
- Derailleur brands: DNP
- Country: Taiwan
- Date of introduction: 1995?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 1200
- Weight: 241g
- Maximum cog: 34 teeth?
- Total capacity: 34 teeth?
- Pulley centre to centre: 70mm
- Index compatibility: friction?
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: sprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: largely aluminium, steel pulley cage plates