Instead I have taken all the practical steps that I can think of to make sure that this web site does not place any cookies on your device.
Some things to note are:
- There are a small number of videos streamed by YouTube that are embedded on pages on this site. These use the official www.youtube-nocookie.com URL, so loading the web page does not place any cookies on your device. However if you play the video (which is, after all, the point) www.youtube-nocookie.com, handily, sends you at least 2 cookies. I have not been able to find a way around this. Google - while 'Doing No Evil' - clearly has a very special understanding of the term 'no cookie' - perhaps they have, belatedly, recognised that it may come to mean 'no profit'.
- There are a large number of videos streamed by Vimeo embedded on pages on this site. These are set to run without placing any cookies. Kudos to Vimeo for having a setting that allows this.
- There are a small number of Google Maps Street Views embedded on pages on this site. Amazingly these do not seem to send cookies, even when you move the view point around. OK Google... why does YouTube require cookies when Google Maps does not?
- The site search function uses Duck Duck Go, which does not set any cookies.
- There is no code on the site relating to Google Analytics - so you will not receive any of these cookies.
- If you click either of the links to Facebook at the base of the pages you will leave this web site and enter the Facebook universe. And I can't even begin to guess what the Sugarhill-bot and his merry Gang of ne'er-do-wells are up to in their evil (but strangely useful and entertaining) kingdom...Sing it: "See, I am Wonder Mark and I'd like to say hel-lo..."
Finally there are no data entry forms on this web site capturing any data from anyone for any purpose.
Please contact me if you find that any of this to be incorrect or if you see ways that it could be improved!