For 1990 the Euclid derailleur gained a cable adjuster and a smooth allen key cable clamp bolt. This is a rather pleasant medium cage example, although it still weighs a chunky 300g.
One unusual feature is that it sports Campagnolo's full ball-bearing pulley wheels in white. I am not entirely sure that these are original, although I have seen a number of other Euclids of various sorts with these pulleys.
Some relevant details are:
- There is a spring adjuster on the p-pivot.
- The cable adjuster is round and threads straight into the aluminium of the b-pivot.
- It has a single parallelogram spring using ~2.0mm wire.
- The inner parallelogram plate is an aluminium forging (making this a Euclid rather than a Centaur !?).
- The cable clamp nut is a smooth Allen key item.
- The pulley wheels are full ball-bearing items in white.
- The inner pulley cage plate is steel and has a spoke deflector.
- Derailleur brands: Campagnolo
- Categories: Campagnolo - mountain bike madness
- Country: Italy
- Date of introduction: 1990?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: M010-MD
- Weight: 300g
- Maximum cog: 34 teeth (Campagnolo)
- Total capacity: 38 teeth (Campagnolo)
- Pulley centre to centre: 69mm
- Index compatibility: 8 speed
- Chain width: 3/32
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: sprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: aluminium with a steel inner pulley cage