This catalogue dates from November 1991 and describes the Campagnolo range for model year 1992.
This was a time of booming mountain bike sales - but Campagnolo was struggling to get into the game.
A summary of the changes since the Campagnolo - Anaheim 1990 catalogue might be:
- Record OR (for Off Road) is introduced at the very top of the range. The Record OR derailleur has the new Record design with a hidden bolt at the p-pivot. It is shown with a style of cable clamp bolt that I have never seen in reality.
- Icarus replaces Euclid. Icarus derailleurs are similar to Euclid, but with a brass insert at the cable adjuster and without an spring tension adjustment screw at the p-pivot.
- Centaur moves down market, losing its spring tension adjustment screw at the p-pivot and gaining steel parallelogram plates. I have never seen this version of Centaur in the flesh.
- Olympus and Themis are killed off.
- All fancy graphite colour options are binned.
So the mountain bike rear derailleur range is:
- Campagnolo Record OR (RD-01OR)*
- Campagnolo Record OR (RD-02OR)*
- Campagnolo Record OR (RD-03OR)*
- Campagnolo Icarus (RD-01IC)*
- Campagnolo Icarus (RD-02IC)*
- Campagnolo Icarus (RD-03IC)*
- Campagnolo Centaur (RD-01CE)*
- Campagnolo Centaur (RD-02CE)*
- Campagnolo Centaur (RD-03CE)*
*New models for the 1992 model year.