This links section is divided into two parts:
- Part 1. ‘Enthusiasts’ sites’ which lists links to (usually amateur) sites concerned with the history of derailleurs (or at least some subject in a similar vein) .
- Part 2. ‘Corporate sites’ which lists links to sites published by companies that have, or have had, something to do with manufacturing derailleurs and may even be represented in this collection!
In addition to the links this site has three other sections:
- The core collection of gears. Rear derailleurs from around the world and across the decades in all their rusty glory.
- A collection of documents relating to derailleurs, such as catalogues, instruction leaflets and patents. Some of these are surprisingly beautiful and/or interesting. Others, well they are derailleur catalogues.
- A collection of spurious trivia loosely related to derailleurs. If, for example, you are hungry to explore the derailleur’s place in contemporary music, literature or fashion then this is the section for you.
As a handy guide each of these sections of the site has its own colour scheme, and its own navigation menus - you need never get lost again.
You can use the arrows like this to move to the page that I deem to be logically next (or previous).
Finally no website is complete without a 'social media strategy' - and this one is no exception. You can:
- Find a link to my dedicated Facebook page in the footer of each page. I use this page as a kind of blog - posting news and things that catch my eye. Please post your comments on it.
- Find a link to my Facebook group in the footer of each page. This is what Facebook calls a 'closed' group - to avoid the evil that is spam-bots you have to ask to join it - but I am unlikely to refuse membership to anyone human. This group is growing, and is becoming a useful forum for discussing all things derailleur.
I hope you will find some of this stuff useful.