This is a SunTour V GT (4900) branded up for Vista by simply changing the embossing on the outer parallelogram plate.
The date of this derailleur indicates that Vista were possibly own-branding quality SunTour derailleurs even before Schwinn had taken the historic step of own-branding the Shimano Crane as the Schwinn GT300 Le Tour .
- Derailleur brands: Vista, manufactured by SunTour
- Country: USA, manufactured in Japan
- Date of introduction: 1972?
- Date of this example: unknown (no two letter date code)
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 381g
- Maximum cog: 34 teeth
- Total capacity: 36 teeth
- Pulley centre to centre: 66mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: two pivots, front sprung and rear unsprung
- Materials: aluminium knuckles, steel parallelogram plates and pulley cage plates.