Deploying my full knowledge (i.e. total ignorance) of the Maya Long Count Calendar, I would say:
- The 12th b’ak’tun ended on 21st December 2012 (not 12th December 2012).
- The end of a b’ak’tun, and start of the fresh cycle was not generally associated by the Maya with the end of the world.
- The spookily evocative date of 12/12/12 would mean nothing to the Maya - who had no knowledge of the Gregorian calendar (but it does match well with the number of speeds promised by the Tiso Gruppo).
- The Tiso 12-speed Wireless Electronic Gruppo did not appear on 12th December 2012. It has since disappeared without a trace... clearly awaiting the production of ‘Indiana Jones and the case of the lost derailleur’.
Aside from these four small points, the whole prophecy is perfect.
- Publisher: Tiso
- Country: Italy
- Date: November 2012
- Derailleur brands: Tiso
- Derailleurs: Tiso electronic derailleur