The SunRace R80 (R82) represented a step up in SunRace's capabilities and ambitions. The level of precision and finish was decidedly mid-range Shimano, rather than low-end Shimano. It was the first of a cascade of gradually improving, fully aluminium, models that heroically strove to challenge Ultegra.
Not that, on the R80 (R82), SunRace included their distinctive, and pleasantly eccentric, b-pivot adjustment system.
- Derailleur brands: SunRace
- Country: Taiwan
- Date of introduction: 2003?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: R82
- Weight: 273g
- Maximum cog: 27 teeth (SunRace details for R85 with similar design of cage)
- Total capacity: 29 teeth (SunRace details for R85 with similar design of cage)
- Pulley centre to centre: 56mm
- Index compatibility: 8 speed (SunRace details for R85 with similar design of cage)
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: sprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: fully aluminium parallelogram with steel pulley cage plates