This leaflet was supplied in the box with a Shimano Lark derailleur dating from around 1970. It does not appear to be a set of instructions - it appears to be sales material promoting Shimano products.
- That it appears to date from a time after the Shimano Archery design had died, but before the birth of the Shimano Crane design - as neither design is shown (see scan 3).
- It include 5 speed freewheels for 1/8” chain - rare beasts (see scan 2).
- The hydraulic brake system has already appeared (see scan 4).
- The telephone number, 07222 43 0333, ends in 333 (see scan 1). I had thought this kind of thing was a modern aberration - but clearly not.
- Publisher: Shimano
- Country: Japan
- Date: September 1970?
- Derailleur brands: Shimano
- Derailleurs: Shimano Lark, Shimano Sky Lark, Shimano Lark-W, Shimano Eagle