The second incarnation of the Jubilee was supposed to be stronger than the first version, and was also supposed to look even lighter with its fashionably drilled cage. In fact it had put on 15g, despite all those holes.
It is still a beautiful, frighteningly light, object, and still worked surprisingly well over a close ratio freewheel.
- Derailleur brands: Sachs-Huret
- Categories: Sachs-Huret - derailleurs in context
- Country: Germany - Bundesrepublik Deutschland, manufactured in France
- Date of introduction: 1981?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 44.1D
- Weight: 149g
- Maximum cog: 28 teeth
- Total capacity: 31 teeth
- Pulley centre to centre: 43mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: two pivots, front sprung and rear unsprung
- Materials: aluminium (with a curious lack of any titanium)