The Huret Eco, rebranded as Sachs-Huret (even the pulley wheels get the treatment), newly (and badly) finished in matte chrome with tasteful grey plastic ‘style elements’ and, in the case of this example, supplied ready to attach to a Campagnolo pattern dropout.
None of this can disguise the fact that, by the mid 1980’s, Japanese designs were so far ahead that they were over the horizon.
- Derailleur brands: Sachs-Huret
- Country: Germany - Bundesrepublik Deutschland, manufactured in France
- Date of introduction: 1984?
- Date of this example: 1986 (stamped 0686, week 6 1986)
- Model no.: 2830-00 H or 31/2 (Sutherland’s 6th edition)
- Weight: 215g
- Maximum cog: 28 teeth
- Total capacity: 31 teeth
- Pulley centre to centre: 50mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: two pivots, front sprung and rear unsprung
- Materials: steel with ‘decorative’ plastic parts