The Huret Svelto design - but with added Italian charm. Everything is slightly nastier from the chrome to the pressings, but dig those groovy drilled pulley cage plates and badly cast aluminium parallelogram plate.
Its worth noting that without the hanger plate this Roto weighs 175g - a seriously competitive weight that is well into titanium territory!
- Derailleur brands: Roto
- Country: Italy
- Date of introduction: 1974?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 1?
- Weight: 212g including hanger plate
- Maximum cog: 26 teeth (Sutherland’s 4th edition)
- Total capacity: 22 teeth (Sutherland’s 4th edition)
- Pulley centre to centre: 43mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: mainly steel, outer parallelogram plate aluminium