The standard silver Roto is a triumph of aspiration over reality. The black version takes the whole delusion a step further. The subtle addition of a highly chromed hanger bolt and black highlights almost gives this copy of the quintessentially mundane Huret Svelto the sheer pizzazz of a Campagnolo Super Record or a Zeus 2000.
It’s a harmless enough dream.
- Derailleur brands: Roto
- Country: Italy
- Date of introduction: 1974?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 1?
- Weight: 212g including hanger plate
- Maximum cog: 26 teeth (Sutherland’s 4th edition)
- Total capacity: 22 teeth (Sutherland’s 4th edition)
- Pulley centre to centre: 43mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: two pivots, front sprung and rear unsprung
- Materials: mainly steel, outer parallelogram plate aluminium