This is an extremely beefy and well finished derailleur. It feels too massive to put on a solo, but, in a 1950’s world where Simplex and Cyclo Benelux gears were often considered extremely fragile, it is a pleasure to come across some good solid engineering.
This design started life as a Phillips product, but was branded Resilion when Phillips took over Resilion in 1954. Phillips products were known for their sturdiness, longevity and the lush nature of their Chrome plating - all traits are evident here.
This derailleur was fitted as standard equipment on Phillips cycles.
Browse associated documents.