This animal is a SunTour Seven GT branded up for Raleigh. The SunTour Seven series was essentially a steel SunTour GT but with the aluminium rear knuckle from the SunTour V series.
It was nearly as cheap as the GT, but had the characteristic look of the V.
Mutton dressed as lamb.
- Derailleur brands: Raleigh, manufactured by SunTour
- Country: UK, manufactured in Japan
- Date of introduction: 1977?
- Date of this example: 1979 (two letter date code is VI)
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 342g
- Maximum cog: 30 teeth (Sutherlands 4th edition) or 34 teeth (SunTour) depending on who you believe. I think I remember running these over 34 teeth cogs quite happily.
- Total capacity: 34 teeth (Sutherlands 4th edition) or 36 teeth (SunTour) depending on who you believe.
- Pulley centre to centre: 66mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: two pivots, front sprung and rear unsprung
- Materials: largely steel with an aluminium rear knuckle