Underneath the black and white paint of the Miche logo on this derailleur you can clearly see the raised contours of a ‘SunTour Blaze Lite’ logo - for that is what this is - a SunTour Blaze Lite and some extra paint.
What the difference was between a Blaze Lite and a SunTour VX Lite is beyond me - they seem identical. Both are cheap, workmanlike derailleurs with rather too much plastic for my refined tastes.
- Derailleur brands: Miche, manufactured by SunTour
- Country: Italy, manufactured in Japan
- Date of introduction: 1993?
- Date of this example: 1993 (two letter date code is JD)
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 249g
- Maximum cog: 26 teeth (hanger 24mm) or 28 teeth (hanger 26mm or more) (Source: Sutherland’s 6th edition)
- Total capacity: 28 teeth (Source: Sutherland’s 6th Edition)
- Pulley centre to centre: 56.5mm
- Index compatibility: 7 speed
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: two pivots, front sprung and rear unsprung
- Materials: aluminium rear knuckle, steel parallelogram plates and outer pulley cage plate and plastic front knuckle and inner pulley cage plate.