This is a Sachs-Huret Classic 2000 ATB/Touring derailleur rebranded for Kettler.
Like many Kettler bikes themselves, it is a reliable, unexciting and slightly mundane object - but has probably worked hard for many years.
- Derailleur brands: Kettler, manufactured by Sachs-Huret
- Country: Germany, manufactured in France
- Date of introduction: 1990?
- Date of this example: 1991 (coded 1391 , week 13 1991)
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 304g
- Maximum cog: 32 teeth? (Sachs-Huret data for Classic 3500 ATB/Touring)
- Total capacity: 40 teeth? (Sachs-Huret data for Classic 3500 ATB/Touring)
- Pulley centre to centre: 90mm
- Index compatibility: 8 speed?
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: sprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: largely steel with an aluminium b-knuckle and a plastic p-knuckle