In the late 1970s Gian Robert bowed to the inevitable and adopted aluminium knuckles on their mid and high-end models.
The System was their mid range model, with steel parallelogram plates and pulley cage plates.
I should note that I am particularly unclear about the dates of the various Gian Robert models.
- Derailleur brands: Gian Robert
- Country: Italy
- Date of introduction: 1978?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 236g
- Maximum cog: 32 teeth (claimed by Gian Robert)
- Total capacity: 26 teeth?
- Pulley centre to centre: 46mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: two pivots, front sprung and rear unsprung
- Materials: largely steel with aluminium knuckles