As derivatives (copies) of the Campagnolo Nuovo Record go, this is a good one. I like the placing of the adjustment screws and I like the chunky look.
In terms of the variables that seem to define Galli models, this example has:
- The outer parallelogram plate with the 'small dots' surrounding the logo, large adjustment screws and the cable clamp arm high up (15mm from the pivot).
- The curvaceous pulley cage.
- Derailleur brands: Galli
- Country: Italy
- Date of introduction: 1984?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 193g
- Maximum cog: 26 teeth (Sutherland’s 4th edition)
- Total capacity: 20 teeth (Sutherland’s 4th edition)
- Pulley centre to centre: 45mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: aluminum