DISRAELI GEARS

GB

GB Altenburger derailleur main image GB Altenburger derailleur main image GB Altenburger derailleur main image

According to Hilary Stone, GB Cycle Components was founded by Gerry Burgess in 1945, to exploit the expertise in working with aluminium that he had gained during the second World War. The company was initially based in London, and then moved to Feltham just to the west of London and not far from ‘da Staines ghetto’ made famous by Ali G. The company’s main product line was a range of brakes.

GB imported the Altenburger Champion design, lightly branding it ‘GB Altenburger’. It is surely not a coincidence that the main product line of Altenburger was also a range of brakes.

GB Altenburger 1955


see also Holdsworth - Aids to Happy Cycling 1949

see also Holdsworth - Aids to Happy Cycling 1949

Holdsworth - Aids to Happy Cycling 1949 front cover thumbnail


see also Holdsworth - Bike Riders Aids 1975

see also Holdsworth - Bike Riders Aids 1975

Holdsworth - Bike Riders Aids 1975 front cover thumbnail
Share this page