This is the European patent that was granted for the design that became the MAVIC ZMS 800. It also relates to French Patent # 2,687,977 and European Patent Application # 0 528 425 A1.
This European patent, granted in 1997, shows:
- The inventors were Jean-Pierre Corbier Lacombe and Jean-Pierre Mercat, based in Chavanod and Can-Gevrier both of which are suburbs of Annecy, France (see scan 1).
- Unlike the French Patent and even the European Patent Application, the applicant was MAVIC S.A. (see scan 1).
- Also unlike the French patent, the drawings include images of the slanted sliding rod mechanism eventually used in the MAVIC ZMS 800. This was designed to maintain a fairly constant chain gap (see scan 23 and scan 24).
- Publisher: European Patent Office
- Inventor: Jean-Pierre Corbier Lacombe and Jean-Pierre Mercat
- Country: none - Europe is still not a country
- Date: Priority date February 1992
- Derailleur brands: MAVIC
- Derailleurs: MAVIC ZMS 800