This is a flamboyant little number, with its decorative logo and its rear knuckle sporting a jaunty angle. I also have versions of this design that are unbranded and branded as Centauros.
Mechanically it is partly Shimano (see the cable clamp and adjustment screw placing) and partly not - it has only one sprung pivot.
I think that this is a mid-period example of the genre. It's b-pivot bolt and p-pivot bolt have plainish hex heads, but the adjustment screws and pulley bolts have cheese heads. And then of course there is the Arabesque patterning - a fulsome homage to the unforgettable Shimano 600 EX Arabesque.
- Derailleur brands: Centauros/Cristim
- Country: Brazil
- Date of introduction: 1984?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 205g excluding hanger plate
- Maximum cog: 28 teeth?
- Total capacity: 28 teeth?
- Pulley centre to centre: 51mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: steel