The 1966 Campagnolo Valentino Super (2150), was the Campagnolo Valentino G. S. updated with an offset pulley cage, virtually identical to that used on the 1961? Campagnolo Sportman. It was an obvious upgrade, remakable only for taking so long to happen.
I believe that this, pleasantly battered, example is an early version. Its key features are:
- The pulley wheels are round and steel.
- The top of the inner pulley cage plate is labelled 'Valentino' and the top of the outer pulley cage plate is labelled 'Super'.
- Derailleur brands: Campagnolo
- Categories: Campagnolo - the bad and the ugly
- Country: Italy
- Date of introduction: 1966?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 2150
- Weight: 236g
- Maximum cog: 26 teeth (bike shop folklore)
- Total capacity: 26 teeth (bike shop folklore)
- Pulley centre to centre: 46mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”?
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: steel