The 1966 Campagnolo Valentino Super (2150), was the Campagnolo Valentino G. S. updated with an offset pulley cage, virtually identical to that used on the 1961? Campagnolo Sportman. It was an obvious upgrade, remakable only for taking so long to happen.
I believe that this, enthusiastically used, example is a later version. Its key features are:
- The pulley wheels are plastic with black dust covers and nine, rather lengthy, teeth.
- The top of the inner pulley cage plate is labelled 'Valentino Super' and the top of the outer pulley cage plate is labelled 'Campagnolo'.
Note that this version, with plastic pulley wheels, only weighs 196g compared to 236g for the earlier, steel pulley wheeled, version.
- Derailleur brands: Campagnolo
- Categories: Campagnolo - the bad and the ugly
- Country: Italy
- Date of introduction: 1966?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: 2150
- Weight: 196g
- Maximum cog: 26 teeth (bike shop folklore)
- Total capacity: 26 teeth (bike shop folklore)
- Pulley centre to centre: 46mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”?
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: steel